Monday, December 9, 2013

Shopping Sephora and Holiday Palettes

For those of you that don’t know me I have a huge passion for anything beauty related but especially makeup! One of my favorite beauty stores is Sephora a few weekends ago they had a 20% off coupon for your entire purchase! That is huge for them and doesn’t happen often. It has been a while since I have gone and walked through the store so on Friday Jocalyn and I made the drive over to check out all the new holiday stuff.. especially all of the amazing palettes that come out around this time of year for the holidays. I could have walked around the store swatching and exploring products for a lot longer but the time we did spend there was awesome! All of the staff were so friendly and enjoyable to talk with as usual.

For those of you that want my take on Sephora and how to get the most out of their store and process read on! I have only ever had one bad experience with the staff at Sephora and I think they try really hard to make sure their employees are knowledgeable and friendly. As with anywhere though there are always the few that can ruin it for everyone. If you have had a bad experience at one of their stores I encourage you to try again. It is worth your time to find a beauty consultant who you really like and who you feel gets you and your style. If you walk around for a little while multiple consultants should approach you and ask how you are doing and if they can help you. That makes it easy to ask a few questions and stick with the person you feel most comfortable with. Ask for their name and card and continue working with them whenever you are in the store for something. If you want to try working with someone new just repeat the process and keep your ideas and products fresh! I also love love love that you can test out pretty much any product in their store on your own or with the help of a consultant. A lot of the times things will look or smell different on than they do in the packaging and it is nice to compare and test out products when you are purchasing them… especially when you are at that kind of price point! Their returns process is easy and hassle free as well. If you get something home and try it out a few times and really don’t like it just take it back and find something that suites you better. I think that is something most people are hesitant to do but it will really pay off in the end for you to end up with something you love vs. something you just never wear and resent spending the money on. Sometimes it can be awkward and uncomfortable to take something back to the store but I haven’t ever had anyone make me feel uncomfortable about it in my years and years of shopping with Sephora… which is amazingly nice! Sephora has three different levels of rewards programs that are free to sign up for Beauty Insider, Beauty VIB, and Beauty VIB Rouge. Which program you are in is determined by how much you spend at Sephora in each calendar year. I am not normally a fan of rewards programs since they don’t normally do much for you but these are a different story. You get some really awesome perks! I will post a link where you can explore the details of each one at the bottom of the post.

Alrighty.. on the the fun stuff! Here are the beauties that really caught my eye while I was there! Some of these I had seen online and hadn’t really thought much of until I saw them in person. Another reason why I am a huge fan of taking the time to go into the store, check out the products, and get a few different opinions from the consultants there. These products are mostly palettes and the reason being is that tis the season for amazing palettes right now!! Plus the value and ease of working with them is just wonderful. Bonus.. if you travel much at all.. palettes can be your bestie and make your life so much easier. A note on most of these palettes.. a lot of them are limited editions so if you want one of them.. get it sooner rather than later because they will sell out.

All of the Too Faced Palettes come with at least three tutorials on how to create a daytime, nighttime, and fashion look or something similar to those looks. I always find this fun and helpful especially with the bolder colors. :)

 

Too Faced: A Few of My Favorite Things Palette (Just all around amazing and it is also a Sephora exclusive product!) Purchase Here




 
Too Faced: Joy to the Girls Palette (This is one of the ones I was so so about online but super amazed by in person!) Purchase Here
Too Faced - The Return Of Sexy Eye Shadow Palette (I was in love with this one the second I spied it!! The colors are so rich and stunning. The way the palette is laid out is beautiful and makes the looks you can create obvious without taking away all creativity and personality. I am beyond excited to try these out!!) Purchase Here  
 
Too Faced - Boudoir Eyes Collection (There are very few of these collections from Too Faced that I don’t own and love. I think it is hard to go wrong with them and the value is great!) Purchase Here  
 
Urban Decay: Vice Palette 2 (I actually purchased this directly from Urban Decay online the day it came out but every time I see it again I just love it all the more.) Purchase Here  
 
Urban Decay - Revolution Lipstick in Venom (Bright Plum) ( I actually loved so many of these colors and it was so difficult to avoid the temptation to purchase them! I especially loved the color Venom for this chilly fall weather and richer eye looks. Check out UD's new lip liners too.. they coordinate and are so long lasting!) Purchase Here and Liners Here
 
Of course I have to mention the Urban Decay Naked Palettes even though I already own them. If you don’t own these do yourself a huge favor and at least go check them out. The formulas are amazing, the colors are beautiful, and the color payoff makes them a synch to work with for beginners and pros.
Naked Palette (Purchase Here 
 
Naked 2 Palette (Purchase Here 
Naked Basics Palette (Purchase Here 
 
NARS: Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition One Night Stand Cheek Palette (I have always wanted to try out the NARS blushes and their colors are so beautiful. This palette gives a good range of colors which look full sized and the value is really great.) Purchase Here  
 
Tarte: LipSurgence Collector's Set (If you have never tried these before.. DO!! The formula, color payoff, and lasting power is one of the best out there. I would love to purchase this set but for now I will just adore the three individual colors I own due to the price!) Purchase Here 
 
Benefit Cosmetics - Rockateur Blush (Over the years I have had hit and miss luck with Benefit’s products but I have to say when they get it right they really get it right. This is one of those they nailed it products! This blush is amazing and not one of the consultants had a bad thing to say about it either. One of them (my favorite of the day) said she has been wearing it almost every day since it came out and couldn’t love it more. When you have access to all of the products she does that is saying something!)  Purchase Here
 
 
I found this product online while pulling links and pictures for this post. It is my ultimate wish list item for this year. I purchased a similar collection a few years ago and have loved using it ever since!
Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Vault - This kit contains every single shade from their current 24/7 Eye Pencil lineup in 40 full-size pencils that include 13 never-before-seen shades.  (These eye liner pencils are pretty much the only ones I use and the colors and formula are just perfect every time. I am never disappointed when I reach for these and they are incredibly easy to use. They call this their ultimate collectors set and it is indeed just that but at $295 it is well out of my price range these days. Nonetheless I will continue to wish for it and love it!)  Purchase Here

 

 

I have another post coming soon about my favorite makeup brands and why I love them so so much so stay tuned for that! Although I’m sure you started to guess some of the players on my all-star team from the product trends in this post haha.
 

Links:

Sephora!!! At least go create a wish list and check out the goodies! You can read all about the different reward programs Sephora has to offer here

Thanks for checking in! :) -KK


 Find me elsewhere!

“Like” Faith in Fairy Tales on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/FaithinFairyTales

“Follow” me on Instagram at: http://instagram.com/kierankmagana

Check out my boards and “Pin” boards on Pinterest at:  http://www.pinterest.com/kieranmagana/boards/

“Follow” me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/KieranKMagana

Faith in Fairy Tales Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaithinFairyTales

Fairy Tale Makings Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FairyTaleMakings

No comments:

Post a Comment