Monday, December 9, 2013

Random Updates

 
It is finally starting to get cold here in Vegas.. or at least cold for here haha. It started to get chilly a month or so ago and now it is just downright cold! I finally finished pulling out all of the warm and cozy clothes and boots and packing away the last of the warm weather and summery clothes. I was holding onto the summer clothes and weather as long as possible and I’m not sure why. It is so hot here so much of the year that you think I would be so excited to start wearing colder weather things but for some reason I was just bound and determined to stay in shorts and tank tops for as long as possible. I think part of that is because I finally got around to REALLY unpacking Jocalyn’s room and closet around October and found a ton of summer clothes that I had been so excited for. She barely got to get any use out of them and I was so disappointed. I also had found a bunch of cute shorts on clearance at Target for myself that I was excited about so it was hard to want to stash those in the back of the closet right after purchasing them.

I have been on a massive mission to get the house uncluttered and organized. When we moved in there was so much going on that I just unpacked each room in the house just enough to be functional and hadn’t really gone through everything. I started in the main living areas and have been going through room by room and finishing unpacking, sorting through, and organizing. I am finding all kinds of things that we have just been hauling around that we either don’t need or don’t use much. I am finally starting to see the end in sight! It just makes me even more driven to get this mission accomplished when I find things like the huge box of Jocalyn’s summer clothes mentioned above. The current main task is our master bedroom… well primarily our closet. I have all kinds of clothes and shoes.. some of them going back to the end of highschool. Don’t judge!! There aren’t many things from that time but I have to say there are a few haha!! I always have a difficult time sorting things out to get rid of especially my closet.. but this time I’m actually enjoying it and being rather successful. :) I am actually getting rid of a lot of holiday decorations as well. I love to decorate and especially around the holidays. The thing is I have so many things on my plate lately that I just haven’t been wanting to take the extra time to do it. Especially at Christmas we haven’t been home for the past few years so I don’t take the time to decorate when we aren’t here to enjoy it for long. It also seems like whenever I’m decorating I want this or that to pull it all together so it can get expensive. So I’ve decided to get rid of all but our sentimental decorations and simplify things and clear up some garage space. We are going to have a garage sale to get rid of all the extra stuff and I’m surprisingly getting excited about it.  It is truly the little things in life that can bring you happiness.

Well I think that is enough for now but I’ll be back soon with lots of new fun things I’ve been working on and weekly pregnancy updates. :) Thanks for checking in!
 
-KK



 Find me elsewhere!

“Like” Faith in Fairy Tales on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/FaithinFairyTales

“Follow” me on Instagram at: http://instagram.com/kierankmagana

Check out my boards and “Pin” boards on Pinterest at:  http://www.pinterest.com/kieranmagana/boards/

“Follow” me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/KieranKMagana

Faith in Fairy Tales Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaithinFairyTales

Fairy Tale Makings Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FairyTaleMakings
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment