Monday, July 28, 2014

Post-Partum Fitness Plan - Week 1

Week 1
It is well past time to start getting serious about building my muscle back up! I used to be at the gym 5-6 days a week and absolutely loved it. I miss that. I worked out all the way through my pregnancy with Jocalyn but I had a difficult time really getting into my workouts again after I healed from the delivery. I have been off and on working out here and there ever since. I was really starting to get motivated to get my muscle back and starting working toward my fitness and body image goals about a year ago. We had been trying for another baby and when we got pregnant I didn't keep working toward my goals like I wanted to. I won’t get into all the details but I didn't work out too often throughout my pregnancy for several reasons. I really wanted to start working towards my goals again after healing from delivery. And here we are.. I am starting to heal and feel better from my delivery with Alaeyna. As much as it seems like a great idea to just get going full tilt again I know that isn't practical or smart for me right now. I want to build up to 5-6 workouts per week so that I can set myself up for success and avoid injury. I also want to give my body time to adjust so it doesn't affect my milk supply. (I am exclusively breast feeding Alaeyna and maintaining my milk for her is my number 1 priority in this fitness journey.)
I am going to start off just fitting in 1 workout a week and starting adding an extra workout to my schedule every two weeks. This sounds particularly slow.. and it is. But I figure that I can start off slow and if it is going well then I can always increase the speed depending on my results and milk supply. At this rate I will be fitting in 5-6 workouts a week 10-12 weeks from now or 2-3 months.
My goals are to; increase overall tone, work on my upper arms (damn that wiggle!), flatten my stomach, decrease the size of my waist, and I specifically really want to build the muscle back up in my legs and butt. This is a lot but you have to have big goals if you want any chance of big results. It may take time but I will get there!
I have decided to share workouts and updates on the blog to help keep myself accountable for at least 14 weeks and to help give ideas for those of you that are working on your own goals. Weight loss while exclusively breast feeding can be extremely tricky for me and I haven’t come across very many stories or suggestions for it. I’m sure they are out there but I haven’t found many. I will also posting my workouts on Instagram, Facebook, and Pintrest if you would like to follow along at any of those places.
I will be posting my workouts in three main categories; legs and butt, upper body, and cardio. I have a few other workouts in my previous posts here if you would like to check that out.
Lower body is what I want to start working on first and because they have always been my favorite workouts, we will start there! I really want to build a better booty! I was talking to my hubby about my workout ideas and he came up with this workout to help. Since I’m only working out once a week at this point the workout is a little more intense than I normally would want it to be for just getting started again. Also I will just be doing this workout with bodyweight except for the deadlifts in which I will be using a 5lb dumbbell in each hand. If you are more advanced than I am then you could certainly add weight to this workout.
Post Workout: It looked pretty straightforward but when I got done with it I definitely felt it! There were a few rough parts and I had to take extra rests to complete all the reps but it felt so good to accomplish this workout. I thought about workout out at home but instead the girls and I walked to the little fitness center instead. It was nice for them to get out and it added a 25 minute round trip walk for me. I made sure to drink an extra Nalgene of water (64oz) on the walk home and have a protein shake made with milk as soon as we arrived home.
Notes:
Please always check with your doctor when it comes to any kind of fitness or diet changes.
I am not a professional. This is simply my journey to achieve my personal fitness goals.
I welcome positive and encouraging comments. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or something that worked well for you I would love to hear them. Negative and rude remarks will be removed.
Thanks for checking in! - KK

Find me elsewhere!
 “Like” Faith in Fairy Tales on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/FaithinFairyTales
“Follow” me on Instagram at: http://instagram.com/kierankmagana
Check out my boards and “Pin” boards on Pinterest at:  http://www.pinterest.com/kieranmagana/boards/
“Follow” me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/KieranKMagana
Faith in Fairy Tales Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaithinFairyTales
Fairy Tale Makings Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FairyTaleMakings

No comments:

Post a Comment