Monday, July 21, 2014

40 Weeks - 04/17/2014

We’ve made it!! Woohoo! 40 weeks has arrived and family is in town. Jocalyn will be staying with my mom and dad when we go into the hospital. Dad leaves on Sunday morning so I am really hoping our little love arrives while he is here so he can meet her. I have been having really bad migraines for a week now and they are progressively getting worse. We were busy hanging out with family and I was trying to rest as much as possible so we didn’t get many pictures. On the 18th I had a checkup and also ended up with my worst migraine yet. Our doctor wanted to check everything out to be safe so we got lots of lab work and an afternoon hooked up to the monitors to check on baby. We tried some “Battlefield Acupuncture” to help the migraine. It helped for a little bit and took the edge off but didn’t quite do the trick. I ended up with some meds and a nap to help some more. I think our little lady is done in there and will be here any time now. It seems like we are both having a bit of a difficult time and I am really ready to have her here and be able to see that she is doing ok.

Hanging out at home with movies and popsicles 


My “pretty new jewels” lol

Catching up on some sleep

 

We had a short monitoring visit when I was due with Jocalyn as well and we ended up in the same room! Kind of cool! :)

From the same week in my pregnancy with Jocalyn:

How far along?  40 Weeks - 04/17/2014 (Pictures: 40 Weeks 1 Day 04-18-2014)
Outfit: =/
Maternity clothes?  I still mostly wear regular clothes mixed with the few pieces of maternity clothes I have and just make them work around the bump. I wear a lot of leggings, jeggings, and cardigans!
Stretch marks?  I have a few small ones on my lower belly and hips and I got a few more this week. ;( I only got one or two on each hip with Jocalyn so I was really hopeful this time around. The little princess is starting to drop lower each week so I’m sure if she keeps that up my marks are going to get worse and I’ll probably get more.
Sleep:
 Starting to be pretty uncomfortable and super exhausted!
Best moment this week: Spending time with the family in town
Miss Anything? Being migraine free!
Movement:  She moves so much and so strongly! Each week it is impressive how much stronger she gets.
Food cravings:
 Girl Scout Thin Mints!!, Orange Juice, and of course as always Kefir and almost anything lemon or lime.
Anything making you queasy or sick:
Just mostly smelling dishes or trash.
Have you started to show yet:  Yes, definitely. My bump is in full force these days! I’m hitting the huge phase haha.
Gender:  GIRL!!! We are so happy to have another little princess on the way!
Labor Signs:
A bunch of really intense Braxton Hix contractions. I am having to take it easier lately to keep them in check. I am also getting a lot of sharp pains. I’m starting to drop more each week and I didn’t with Jocalyn until I was in labor. I started and stopped labor twice this last week before Jeff got home so I’m curious to see what happens. I’m guessing she will stay in until a few days on either side of my due date now that hubby is home though.
Belly Button in or out?  It is definitely out now.
Wedding rings on or off?  On. I kept them on all the way through the last time and I am hoping to do the same this time around.
Happy or Moody most of the time:
Just really excited and happy about our baby girl. I won’t lie though… haha I get pretty cranky when I get over tired and hungry.
Looking forward to: Getting our little princess here. I think we are both ready and she is having a little bit of a hard time in there so I’m ready to have her here and make sure she is doing ok.
Jocalyn:  She is sleeping like a champ and hitting a crazy growth phase! I am soaking up all of the one on one time I can with her right now before the baby comes.
Hubby: He is home!! Yay!!
Updates:  See above :)

Thanks for checking in!  - KK

 Find me elsewhere!
“Like” Faith in Fairy Tales on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/FaithinFairyTales
“Follow” me on Instagram at: http://instagram.com/kierankmagana
Check out my boards and “Pin” boards on Pinterest at:  http://www.pinterest.com/kieranmagana/boards/
“Follow” me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/KieranKMagana
Faith in Fairy Tales Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaithinFairyTales
Fairy Tale Makings Etsy Shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FairyTaleMakings


No comments:

Post a Comment